Bobbles are a fun and easy way to add texture and pop to your designs. And this quick tutorial will show you step by step how to crochet bobbles
You can find bobbles in my Mini Christmas Tree Skirt free pattern, for some holiday fun!
For this tutorial you can use any kind of yarn and hook, but i used:
Worsted weight yarn.
1. Start by chaining 12
2. Ch 3 more (this will count as our row first dc) and dc in the 3rd chain from the hook. Yarn over as you would do to dc the next.
3. Insert the hook on the next stitch
4. Yarn over and pull through stitch, you should have three loops on your hook.
5. yarn over again and pull through the first two loops
6. yarn over once more but instead of finishing like a dc, insert the hook through the same stitch again
7. Yarn over and pull through two loops. You should have 3 loops on your hook.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until you have 6 loops on your hook, and yarn over once more
9. Pull yarn through all 6 loops
10. Yarn over and Dc in the next stitch. This is your bobble.
11. Dc in next st. Repeat steps 3 trough 10 to create the next bobble. Keep making bobbles until you get to the end of the row
As you can see it is very easy to make bobbles in double crochet!
You can add them to pretty much anything, bobbles on hats bobbles on scarfs.
Find the link to the Mini Christmas Tree Skirt Pattern with bobbles here
One thought on “Crochet Bobble Tutorial”